A recent post from Organic Insider on what to look for in 2022 featuring our Organic Beef Andouille. "Charcutnuvo's organic beef Andouille sausage takes the traditional French sausage and makes it Paleo-friendly. No sugar added, gluten-free and made from beef raised in the U.S., the sausage also contains cayenne and crushed red pepper flakes to provide a good amount of heat. Distribution just expanded to the East Coast with KeHE."
Whole30 Friendly Spaghetti Squash with Pesto and Charcutnuvo Chicken Sausage — INGREDIENTS
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 package of Charcutnuvo Spinach Chicken Sausage, cut into 1/4" thick half moons
- 1 cup chopped fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups dairy free pesto
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Salt and pepper to taste
- fresh basil and parsley for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 350F. Carefully slice the ends off of the spaghetti squash, then slice the spaghetti squash down the middle lengthwise.
- Scoop out the seeds in the middle of each spaghetti squash half, drizzle with a little olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Place each half flat side down on a prepared baking sheet, and bake for about 45 minutes or until spaghetti squash is tender. Let spaghetti squash cool for about 15 minutes.
- While spaghetti squash is baking, bring a medium nonstick pan to medium heat. Add the olive oil and onion. Saute the onion for about 3 minutes, then add in the sausage and garlic. Cook for about 10 more minutes, until onions are translucent and sausage is browned to your liking. Stir in baby spinach leaves until just wilted, then transfer mixture to a large bowl.
- Scoop spaghetti squash noodles out with a fork and add them to the same bowl as the sausage mixture. Mix in pesto, nutritional yeast, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with basil and parsley and serve in a bowl or in the spaghetti squash skin to save time on dishes. Enjoy!