Oktoberfest is one of the world’s biggest public festivals, attracting nearly 6 million people a year. It runs from the second to last Sunday in September to the first Sunday in October. Nevertheless, Oktoberfest cuisine can be enjoyed year round. This is especially true for Fleischkaese -- a traditional baked loaf made from finely chopped beef, veal, and pork. It is also known as a Swiss Brand Loaf and Leberkaese. And while there are many ways you can prepare and serve this all natural delicacy, we recommend the cooking method below. One bite of this Fleischkaese recipe will transport you to Austria, Switzerland, or the South of Germany. Don't believe us? You'll just have to try it for yourself.
- 1 loaf of Charcutnuvo Fleischkäse
- 1 package of Charcutnuvo Pork and Veal Brats
- 1 package of Charcutnuvo Knackwurst
- 5 Eggs
- 3 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1lb russet potatoes | grated
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup mild cheddar cheese | shredded
- ½ cup fresh parsley | chopped
- 2 tbsp. all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
Instructions | Fleischkäse with Fried Egg and Hashbrowns
- Wash and peel the potatoes, then shred in a large food processor or food grater. Squeeze all excess water out of the shredded potatoes then set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together 1 beaten egg with the garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Add in the grated potatoes and cheese and mix well. Add the all purpose flour and mix well to coat.
- Add 2 tbsp. vegetable oil to a large nonstick skillet and warm to high heat. Add a large spoonful of the potato mixture to the pan, then flatten with a spatula. Cook on each side until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes. Repeat with the entire potato mixture then set aside.
- Meanwhile, bring the other tbsp. of vegetable oil to medium high heat in a large nonstick skillet. Slice the Fleischkäse into ¾ inch slices then add to the warmed skillet. Cook on each side for about 4-5 minutes or until warmed through to your liking.
- In the same skillet that you cooked the Fleischkaese, fry 4 eggs sunny side up.
- To plate, place 2 slices of Fleischkaese on a plate and place 1 sunny side up egg on top. Add the hash browns to the side, top with fresh parsley, and enjoy!
Make it a Fleischkäse FeastGrill up our Knackwurst and Pork and Veal Brats for a delicious Oktoberfest Feast. Score the knackwurst and brats on each side, then grill or cook on medium high heat for 4-5 minutes on each side. Pair with spicy mustard for an added kick.
What makes for a superior sweet potato and kale protein bowl? Our opinion... all natural, antibiotic-free and hormone free sausage. If you are craving something savory, a little sweet and utterly satisfactory, this recipe may just be for you.
Sweet Potato, Kale, and Sausage Protein BowlPrep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 15 minutes Yields 4 - 6 servings
- 1 package Charcutnuvo Smoked Pork and Elk Jalapeno Cheddar Sausage | sliced into medallions
- 3 medium sweet potatoes | peeled and chopped
- 3 cups kale | chopped
- 1 red bell pepper | diced
- ½ yellow onion | diced
- 3 cloves garlic | minced
- 1 ½ tbsp. Old Bay Seasoning
- 4 tbsp. olive oil | divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
Instructions1. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add 1 tbsp. of olive oil. Add chopped sweet potatoes, onions, and bell pepper to the skillet. Mix well and sauté for 1 minute. 2. Next, coat the veggies again with 2 tbsp. olive oil. Add Old Bay Seasoning and minced garlic. Mix well and sauté until vegetables are tender, about 5-7 minutes. 3. Meanwhile, heat a medium skillet over medium heat and add 1 tbsp. of olive oil. Add sliced Charcutnuvo Smoked Pork and Elk Jalapeno Cheddar Sausage to the skillet and sauté for about 5 minutes. 4. Once sausage is cooked and veggies are tender, add the sausage to the skillet with the veggies. Turn the heat down to low and mix in the shopped kale. Add salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Cooking up dinners that are equally as enjoyable for the children and adults at the table can be a challenge. However, with this kid-friendly baked ziti recipe in your back pocket, you'll be pleasantly surprised by how popular the clean plate club becomes in your home. What to expect when this savory, protein-packed dish hits the table? Kids reaching for forks... and eventually for seconds. But what about satisfied appetites and no request for late night snacks? Oh, and don't forget the secret servings of vegetables and protein that slide their way into every bite. So, all in all, with this recipe on the dinner menu, you can rest assured your entire family is taken care of, deliciously and nutritiously.
Baked Ziti with Italian Chicken Sausage Ingredients
- 8 oz. of ziti or penne pasta
- 2 packages of Charcutnuvo Italian Chicken Sausage
- 20 oz. of your favorite marinara sauce | divided
- 1 egg
- 8 oz. spinach chopped spinach | roughly chopped
- 15 oz. Ricotta cheese
- 8 oz. mozzarella cheese | divided
- 1 tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 3 garlic cloves | minced
- Roughly chopped basil
- Red pepper flakes
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
Baked Ziti with Italian Chicken Sausage Instructions1. Preheat the oven to 350F. Add 6 cups of water to a large stock pot and bring to a boil. Add a pinch of salt and pasta. Boil pasta just until al dente. Pasta will cook again in the oven, so do not over cook here. 2. While pasta is cooking, slice the Charcutnuvo Italian Chicken Sausage into medallions. Warm a large pan with 2 tbsp. olive oil over medium heat. Add the chicken sausage and minced garlic, and sauté for 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat and add to a large bowl. 3. Next, roughly chop spinach and mix into the ricotta. 4. Add ricotta and spinach mixture, 6 oz. of mozzarella cheese, 10 oz. of marinara sauce, egg, Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper to the chicken sausage and garlic. Mix well. 5. Then, gently stir in the cooked noodles and spread into a large casserole dish. 6. Cover with the last 10oz of marinara sauce and sprinkle top with remaining mozzarella cheese. 7. Then, bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes. For the last 1-2 minutes of baking, turn oven to broil to crisp the top of the casserole. Watch closely to make sure the casserole doesn’t burn. 8. Lastly, remove from the oven and top with roughly chopped basil. Let cool for about 5 minutes, then dig in and enjoy!
Don't settle for just any hot dog. These three recipes are changing up this traditional crowd pleaser. From mac and cheese to Mexican spice to bun-free brats, there is no better way to explore the flavorful possibilities of this Americana staple.
Mac 'N Cheese Sweet Potato Hot DogRecipe makes 4 hot dogs.
- 1 pack of Charcutnuvo Organic Mac N Cheese Furter
- 4 medium - large sweet potatoes
- 2 cups bacon bits
- 2 tbsp. sour cream
- 2 tbsp. fresh chives | diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and pat dry sweet potatoes. Poke holes with a fork about 4-6 times, then cook in the microwave for 5-7 minutes or until slightly softened.
- Pan cook or grill Charcutnuvo Organic Mac N Cheese Furter according to instructions on the package.
- Next, slice each sweet potato vertically, cutting about halfway down.
- To wrap up, place 1 Organic Mac N Cheese Furter in each sweet potato bun. Then, garnish with sour cream, bacon bits, fresh chives, and salt and pepper. Enjoy!
Taco Hot DogRecipe makes 4 hot dogs.
- 1 pack of Charcutnuvo Uncured Bison Wieners
- 4 small flour tortillas
- 1 15oz can pinto beans
- 1 roma tomato | diced
- ½ white onion | diced
- ½ cup cotija cheese
- 2 tbsp. sour cream
- 2 tbsp. fresh cilantro | roughly chopped
- Your favorite hot sauce to taste
- First, add pinto beans into a small saucepan. Warm over medium heat until sizzling, then turn down to low heat to keep warm until serving.
- Warm about 1 tbsp. oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Slice each Charcutnuvo Uncured Bison Wiener vertically, cutting only ¾ the way down. Open each sliced sausage then place the open side down, flat, into the hot pan. Cook on each side for about 5 minutes.
- Next, warm a medium pan over medium-low heat then place each tortilla in the pan, one at a time. Warm for 1- 2 minutes each, flipping halfway through.
- Dice the onion, tomato, and cilantro.
- Lastly, place 1 Uncured Bison Wiener inside a soft taco shell, then top with onion, tomato, pinto beans, cotija cheese, sour cream, fresh cilantro, and hot sauce. Enjoy!
Lettuce Wrap Hot DogRecipe makes 4 hot dogs.
- 1 pack of Charcutnuvo Organic All Beef Franks
- 8 large romaine lettuce leaves
- ½ red pepper
- ½ green pepper
- ½ white onion
- 2 tsp olive oil
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. sriracha hot sauce
- 1 tsp fresh lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- First, make the sriracha mayonnaise. Add ½ cup of all natural mayo to a small bowl. Mix in 1 tsp of sriracha, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Wash and pat dry all veggies, then slice half of each bell pepper and onion into 2 inch long slices. Next, warm olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat, and add sliced veggies. Season veggies with salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 7 minutes or until onions become translucent.
- Pan cook or grill Charcutnuvo Organic All Beef Franks according to instructions on the package.
- Lastly, create your lettuce wrap dog by layering romaine lettuce, organic beef franks, sautéed veggies, and drizzle sriracha aioli on top. Enjoy!
Spicy Bloody Mary Kabobs Yields 12 Kabobs Ingredients: For the fried pickles: 1 jar of The Real Dill Jalapeno Honey Pickles 4 cups vegetable oil 2 cups flour 2 tbsp dry ranch dressing mix 5 eggs 4 cups panko bread crumbs 1 cup ranch dressing for dipping For the kabobs: 1 package of Charcutnuvo Smoked Bison and Pork Jalapeno Cheddar Brats | sliced into 1 - ½ inch pieces 1 package of Charcutnuvo Wild Boar Sausages | sliced into 1 - ½ inch pieces 1 yellow bell pepper | chopped into bite sized pieces 1 red onion | chopped into bite sized pieces 1 cup cherry tomatoes 2 tbsp The Real Dill Bloody Mary Rimming Spice | add more or less to taste 2 cups fried pickles ¼ cup roughly chopped parsley Instructions Wash and dry all veggies, then chop the yellow pepper and red onion into bite sized pieces. Add pepper, onion, and tomatoes into a medium bowl and season with The Real Dill Bloody Mary Rimming Spice. Mix well and set aside. Next, let's fry the pickles! Remove The Real Dill pickle spears from their jar and set on a paper towel. Transfer to a cutting board, and slice into thirds. Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet to 375 F. In a large bowl, mix flour and ranch dressing mix. In a medium bowl, beat 5 eggs. In another large bowl, place panko bread crumbs. Roll each pickle spear third into the four, then dip into the egg mixture. Roll into the flour once more, then dip into the egg once more, then roll into the panko bread crumbs. Do this with each pickle sear third and set aside. Fry each pickle spear in hot oil for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oil with tongs or a slotted spoon, and place on a cooling rack. Once all pickles are fried, let’s build the kabobs! Thread the seasoned veggies, Charcutnuvo Wild Boar Sausages, Smoked Jalapeno Cheddar Brats, and The Real Dill fried pickles onto your skewers, rotating each how you like. Preheat grill to medium heat, then grill kabobs for 2-3 minutes on each side. Place on cooling rack and garnish with chopped parsley. Serve with ranch dressing for dipping the fried pickles and enjoy!
Whether you are enjoying all or just one of the recipes below, our Gourmet Hot Dog Bar makes for the perfect family night treat. Simply start with your go-to hot dog buns, grill up our Uncured Bison Wieners, and pile on the toppings! For best flavor, grill our Uncured Bison Wieners for 5-7 minutes over medium heat. Bánh Mì ½ cup Shredded or julienned carrots ½ cup Julienned radish 1 thinly sliced jalapeno
- Mix carrots, radish, and jalapeno well with fresh lime juice from half a lime.
- Mix 1 cup mayo with 1 tbsp sriracha. Mix in salt and lime juice to taste.
- 2 cups diced pineapple
- 2 cups diced mango
- 1 cup red pepper
- 3 tbsp finely chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup lime juice
- Mix well with salt and pepper to taste
Yields: 3-4 Servings. Time: 10 minutes prep. 30 minutes total. Ingredients 1 package of Charcutnuvo All Natural Smoked Beef and Pork Bratwurst or All Natural Pork and Veal Bratwurst 1 18oz container of Wildbrine Probiotic Kraut 1lb of red new potatoes 2 tbsp olive oil Salt and pepper to taste 1 tbsp fresh parsley | roughly chopped Optional condiments: Spicy Brown Mustard and Sour Cream Instructions Preheat the oven to 450F. While the oven is heating, prep the potatoes. Wash and pat dry, and thinly slice. Add potatoes to a large baking sheet. Drizzle with 1tbsp olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Toss, then spread out on the backing sheet. Place in the oven and cook for 20 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender. Toss once midway through cooking. While potatoes are cooking, cook the sauerkraut and bratwursts. Heat the second tbsp of olive oil in a medium nonstick skillet. Add sauerkraut to skillet and cook for 5-10 minutes or until golden. Toss occasionally to cook evenly. Cook bratwursts on the grill or stovetop. Score both sides of the bratwurst to evenly cook. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until browned on both sides. Take care not to over cook if grilling, cooking time on each side may vary with different grills. Season sauerkraut and potatoes with chopped parsley and plate with bratwursts. Serve with spicy brown mustard and sour cream. Guten appetit!
Potato Salad with Smoked Uncured BBQ Bacon Sausage + Pederson's Bacon Ingredients
- 1 package of Charcutnuvo Smoked Uncured BBQ Bacon Sausage | sliced into round and then diced into fourths
- 4 oz of Pederson’s Farms Bacon | diced into small pieces
- 3 ½ lbs of baby potatoes | chopped into fourths
- 1 red onion | diced
- ½ cup white vinegar
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 6 green onions sliced
- 2 tbsp chives sliced
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- Bring a large stock pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until fork tender. Drain and set aside in a large bowl.
- Add bacon to a large nonstick skillet and cook until crispy over medium high heat. Remove from skillet and set aside. Next, add Charcutnuvo sausage to the same skillet and cook until browned. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add red onion to the skillet and cook until translucent. Stir in dijon mustard and vinegar, and let cook for another 2-3 minutes. Next, stir in oil and let cook for another minute. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour onion mixture over the cooked potatoes and mix well.
- Garnish with parsley, chives, green onions and enjoy!
Gluten-free, dairy-free, and crafted with pure organic ingredients, our Organic Uncured Mini Franks make cooking up healthy family staples a breeze. These Bacon Wrapped Mini Franks make a paleo-friendly game day meal that even your kids will love! Simply combine our organic uncured mini franks, bacon, and coconut palm sugar for a craveable sweet and savory indulgent treat. Pro tip: make sure your bacon wrapped mini franks are packed tightly in a glass baking dish. This will insure the coconut palm sugar stays on top of the franks and creates that sweet, caramelized sugar taste we are looking for. Shop our Organic Uncured Mini Franks online at charcutnuvo.com or stock up at your local Natural Grocers. Ingredients
- 2 packs of Charcutnuvo Uncured Mini Franks
- 1 pound Bacon (not thick)
- 1 cup Coconut Palm Sugar (Can use brown sugar if you’re not sticking to paleo requirements)
- 1 cup Paleo BBQ Sauce
Organic Chicken Italian Frittata Ingredients
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 10-12 oz package of CharcutNuvo Organic Italian Chicken Sausage (sliced)
- 9 large – medium eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes (sliced in half)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup feta
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Whisk the eggs, milk, salt, pepper, & garlic powder together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet to medium-high heat. Cook the sausage, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, 3-5 minutes. Remove the sausage and place on a separate plate.
- Add the spinach into the skillet with the garlic, and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds to 1 minute or until spinach wilts.
- Add the sausage back into the skillet and distribute evenly. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over sausage and spinach.
- Pour the egg and milk mixture into the skillet, and top with cherry tomatoes. Cook on stovetop 1 or 2 minutes until you see the eggs at the edges of the pan beginning to set.
- Next, top the frittata with sun dried tomatoes. Place the skillet in the oven, and bake until the eggs are set, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 5 minutes. Top with feta cheese, slice into wedges, and serve!