Don't settle for just any hot dog. These three recipes are changing up this traditional crowd pleaser. From mac and cheese to Mexican spice to bun-free brats, there is no better way to explore the flavorful possibilities of this Americana staple.
Mac 'N Cheese Sweet Potato Hot DogRecipe makes 4 hot dogs.
- 1 pack of Charcutnuvo Organic Mac N Cheese Furter
- 4 medium - large sweet potatoes
- 2 cups bacon bits
- 2 tbsp. sour cream
- 2 tbsp. fresh chives | diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and pat dry sweet potatoes. Poke holes with a fork about 4-6 times, then cook in the microwave for 5-7 minutes or until slightly softened.
- Pan cook or grill Charcutnuvo Organic Mac N Cheese Furter according to instructions on the package.
- Next, slice each sweet potato vertically, cutting about halfway down.
- To wrap up, place 1 Organic Mac N Cheese Furter in each sweet potato bun. Then, garnish with sour cream, bacon bits, fresh chives, and salt and pepper. Enjoy!
Taco Hot DogRecipe makes 4 hot dogs.
- 1 pack of Charcutnuvo Uncured Bison Wieners
- 4 small flour tortillas
- 1 15oz can pinto beans
- 1 roma tomato | diced
- ½ white onion | diced
- ½ cup cotija cheese
- 2 tbsp. sour cream
- 2 tbsp. fresh cilantro | roughly chopped
- Your favorite hot sauce to taste
- First, add pinto beans into a small saucepan. Warm over medium heat until sizzling, then turn down to low heat to keep warm until serving.
- Warm about 1 tbsp. oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Slice each Charcutnuvo Uncured Bison Wiener vertically, cutting only ¾ the way down. Open each sliced sausage then place the open side down, flat, into the hot pan. Cook on each side for about 5 minutes.
- Next, warm a medium pan over medium-low heat then place each tortilla in the pan, one at a time. Warm for 1- 2 minutes each, flipping halfway through.
- Dice the onion, tomato, and cilantro.
- Lastly, place 1 Uncured Bison Wiener inside a soft taco shell, then top with onion, tomato, pinto beans, cotija cheese, sour cream, fresh cilantro, and hot sauce. Enjoy!
Lettuce Wrap Hot DogRecipe makes 4 hot dogs.
- 1 pack of Charcutnuvo Organic All Beef Franks
- 8 large romaine lettuce leaves
- ½ red pepper
- ½ green pepper
- ½ white onion
- 2 tsp olive oil
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. sriracha hot sauce
- 1 tsp fresh lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- First, make the sriracha mayonnaise. Add ½ cup of all natural mayo to a small bowl. Mix in 1 tsp of sriracha, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Wash and pat dry all veggies, then slice half of each bell pepper and onion into 2 inch long slices. Next, warm olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat, and add sliced veggies. Season veggies with salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 7 minutes or until onions become translucent.
- Pan cook or grill Charcutnuvo Organic All Beef Franks according to instructions on the package.
- Lastly, create your lettuce wrap dog by layering romaine lettuce, organic beef franks, sautéed veggies, and drizzle sriracha aioli on top. Enjoy!
Nothing says long summer days like a fired up grill and the savory sizzle of hot dogs.If you are looking to put quality links in the bun without compromising the traditional flavors of the summer BBQ, Charcutnuvo has you covered. Gone are the days of ‘unhealthy hot dogs’ as your only option. Charcutnuvo’s antibiotic-free and hormone-free sausages allow you to enjoy this classic cuisine without worrying about what’s inside.
The History of the Hot DogDespite the hot dog’s strong Americana reputation, sausage started across the pond. As with all immigrant groups, the Germans brought along their traditions, language and food when they made their way to the states. In fact, rumor has it that sausage making became more widely practiced with the wave of German immigrants who arrived on U.S. shores in the 1800s. The story goes that many Germans sold “dachshund sausages” on the streets of New York in the 1860s. Referencing the long torso of what is most commonly called a wiener dog, it was only a matter of time until this handheld sausage earned the title “hot dog”. From there, hot dog stands sprung up on Coney Island and continued to spread around the country. They quickly became a baseball game favorite, with the sport and snack soon becoming inseparable. Today, the hot dog is widely viewed as an American staple. You can find savory sausages sold wherever crowds gather outside, along boardwalks, in sporting events, and throughout city centers. This tasty, American tradition is upheld by hot dog fans and sausage makers alike... … and Charcutnuvo is proud to be a piece of the puzzle.
Charcutnuvo’s Hot Take on the Hot DogWhile the hot dog’s claim to fame may have been sparked by smoky street stands or baseball games, like many Americans, its roots are European. But just because hot dogs are celebrated by the red, white and blue does not mean that sausage has lost touch with its European side. Charcutnuvo lives and breathes the authentic culinary art of sausage making. Eric, Charcutnuvo’s CEO, is part of a long line of sausage makers. When his family came to the U.S., they brought the brats with them. For more than 50 years now, the family business has offered the highest quality sausages to anyone seeking consciously-sourced, simply crafted meats.
National Hot Dog MonthWhy have a month dedicated to the hot dog? The real question is, why not? Warm weather, the excitement of outdoor gatherings and Independence day make July the perfect month to applaud the honorable hot dog. And what better way to celebrate than to throw some sausage on a grill… all month long? In need of an excuse to indulge? We have you covered.
- Protein is essential. Need we say more?
- When given the choice to order take out or grill out, go ahead and get the charcoal hot. There is no better way to BBQ than with a savory selection of dogs.
- Don’t just indulge… honestly indulge. Enjoy the nutritional benefits of quality, antibiotic-free and hormone free sausages that are consciously sourced and carefully crafted.
- Feeling nostalgic or wishing you were in the stands of a baseball game? Cook up a hot dog and reminisce the right way.
What Better Way to Celebrate than with a Hot Dog Sampler?Firing up Charcutnuvo products is the healthier way to celebrate National Hot Dog Month. We are featuring a hot dog sampler this month, so you can find your favorite dog for the grill. Here is what’s included:
- (2) Organic Uncured Beef Frankfurters
- (2) Uncured Bison Wieners
- (1) Organic Uncured Macaroni And Cheese Furter
- (1) Organic Mini Beef Franks
Gather Your PeopleSo now that you have a reason to call for a party and a primo selection of sausages to serve, it’s time to gather your people. You have the entire month of July to rally and ramp up your hot dog game. Here are just a few groups you may want to get together for a quality cookout this hot dog season:
- The swim team
- The baseball team
- Your church group
- A block party
- Your office team
- Your gym community