- 1 package of Charcutnuvo Asher Brewing Organic Tree Hugger Beer Brat
- 1lb petite gold potatoes, quartered
- 1 red apple, sliced
- 1 yellow onion, cut into wedges
- 2 cups of Kuhne Traditional German Sauerkraut
- 1 cup apple juice
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Stone Ground mustard for serving
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add potatoes and cook, occasionally stirring, for 10 minutes.
- Add in onions and another tbsp of olive oil. Cook onion and potatoes for another 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in the sliced apple and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Stir in sauerkraut, apple juice, brown sugar, and pinch of salt. Bring to a simmer and cover. Cook for 10 minutes.
- While the sauerkraut, potato, and apple mixture is cooking, heat 1 tbsp olive oil in another large-medium skillet. Add the beer brats and brown for about 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Remove the lid from the sauerkraut, potato, and apple mixture and nestle brats into the mixture.
- Cook on medium-low heat uncovered for an additional 5-7. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with stone ground mustard for the brats and enjoy!