Wild Boar Gumbo Wild Boar Gumbo made with Charcutnuvo Wild Boar Brats
- 1 heaping cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup butter
- 1 10-12 oz package of Charcutnuvo Wild Boar (sliced)
- 1 lb cooked and shredded chicken
- 2 cups shrimp (pre cooked)
- 1 bunch celery (diced)
- 1 green bell pepper (diced)
- 1 large yellow onion (diced)
- 1 bunch green onion (diced)
- 1 bunch fresh parsley leaves (finely chopped)
- 4 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 6-8 cups Chicken broth
- Cooked Jasmine White Rice for serving
- 2 Tablespoons cajun seasoning (possibly more to taste)
- 2 bay leaves
- ⅓ tsp your favorite hot sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
Make the roux: Melt butter in a large stock pot and whisk in flour until smooth. Continue whisking until mixture reaches a golden dark caramel color.
Meanwhile heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the wild boar sausage. Continue to cook for 3-5 minutes on each side until browned. Remove to a plate.
Add 6 cups of chicken broth to the stockpot with the roux and mix well. Add in veggies and parsley to the pot and stir well.
Bring to a boil over medium heat until vegetables are slightly tender (about 7 minutes).
Stir in cajun seasoning and hot sauce to taste.
Add in wild boar, chicken, and shrimp.
Salt, pepper, and season with garlic powder or cajun seasoning to taste. Serve warm over rice!