Wild Boar Gumbo made with Charcutnuvo Wild Boar Brats
- 1 heaping cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup butter
- 1 10-12 oz package of Charcutnuvo Wild Boar (sliced)
- 1 lb cooked and shredded chicken
- 2 cups shrimp (pre cooked)
- 1 bunch celery (diced)
- 1 green bell pepper (diced)
- 1 large yellow onion (diced)
- 1 bunch green onion (diced)
- 1 bunch fresh parsley leaves (finely chopped)
- 4 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 6-8 cups Chicken broth
- Cooked Jasmine White Rice for serving
- 2 Tablespoons cajun seasoning (possibly more to taste)
- 2 bay leaves
- ⅓ tsp your favorite hot sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Make the roux: Melt butter in a large stock pot and whisk in flour until smooth. Continue whisking until mixture reaches a golden dark caramel color.
- Meanwhile heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the wild boar sausage. Continue to cook for 3-5 minutes on each side until browned. Remove to a plate.
- Add 6 cups of chicken broth to the stockpot with the roux and mix well. Add in veggies and parsley to the pot and stir well.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat until vegetables are slightly tender (about 7 minutes).
- Stir in cajun seasoning and hot sauce to taste.
- Add in wild boar, chicken, and shrimp.
- Salt, pepper, and season with garlic powder or cajun seasoning to taste. Serve warm over rice!