The Ultimate Fleischkäse Oktoberfest Feast
Oktoberfest is one of the world’s biggest public festivals, attracting nearly 6 million people a year. It runs from the second to last Sunday in September to the first Sunday in October.
Nevertheless, Oktoberfest cuisine can be enjoyed year round.
This is especially true for Fleischkaese — a traditional baked loaf made from finely chopped beef, veal, and pork. It is also known as a Swiss Brand Loaf and Leberkaese.
And while there are many ways you can prepare and serve this all natural delicacy, we recommend the cooking method below.
One bite of this Fleischkaese recipe will transport you to Austria, Switzerland, or the South of Germany.
Don’t believe us?
You’ll just have to try it for yourself.
- 1 loaf of Charcutnuvo Fleischkäse
- 1 package of Charcutnuvo Pork and Veal Brats
- 1 package of Charcutnuvo Knackwurst
- 5 Eggs
- 3 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1lb russet potatoes | grated
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup mild cheddar cheese | shredded
- ½ cup fresh parsley | chopped
- 2 tbsp. all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
Instructions | Fleischkäse with Fried Egg and Hashbrowns
- Wash and peel the potatoes, then shred in a large food processor or food grater. Squeeze all excess water out of the shredded potatoes then set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together 1 beaten egg with the garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Add in the grated potatoes and cheese and mix well. Add the all purpose flour and mix well to coat.
- Add 2 tbsp. vegetable oil to a large nonstick skillet and warm to high heat. Add a large spoonful of the potato mixture to the pan, then flatten with a spatula. Cook on each side until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes. Repeat with the entire potato mixture then set aside.
- Meanwhile, bring the other tbsp. of vegetable oil to medium high heat in a large nonstick skillet. Slice the Fleischkäse into ¾ inch slices then add to the warmed skillet. Cook on each side for about 4-5 minutes or until warmed through to your liking.
- In the same skillet that you cooked the Fleischkaese, fry 4 eggs sunny side up.
- To plate, place 2 slices of Fleischkaese on a plate and place 1 sunny side up egg on top. Add the hash browns to the side, top with fresh parsley, and enjoy!
Make it a Fleischkäse Feast
Score the knackwurst and brats on each side, then grill or cook on medium high heat for 4-5 minutes on each side. Pair with spicy mustard for an added kick.