Sausage Stuffing Sausage Stuffing Recipe with CharcutNuvo Wild Boar w/ Apricots and Cranberries
- 18 oz. store bought unseasoned stuffing cubes
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter
- 1-3/4 cups diced yellow onion (from 1 large or 2 small onions)
- 1 cup diced celery (from 3 large celery stalks)
- 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1, 12 oz. Package CharcutNuvo Wild Boar w/ Apricots and Cranberries Sausage
- 24- 32 oz. chicken broth
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 Tablespoon fresh chopped rosemary
- 2 Tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with butter.
- Place the stuffing cubes in a large mixing bowl.
- In a large sauté pan, melt 1 Tbls. of butter over medium high heat. Brown both sides of CharcutNuvo fully cooked Wild Board Sausage. Slice thinly and add sausage to the stuffing cubes.
- Melt the remaining butter. Add the onions and celery and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for about 8 minutes, or until the vegetables are soft. Add the garlic and cook 2 minutes more. Add the vegetables to the stuffing cubes.
- Add the chicken broth, egg, rosemary, parsley, salt and pepper to the bread cube mixture and mix until the bread is soft and moistened. Transfer the stuffing to the prepared baking dish and bake for 60-80 minutes, uncovered, until deeply golden and crisp on top.