Jackalope Chili made with Charcutnuvo Jackalope Brats
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 10-12oz package of Charcutnuvo Jackalope Sausage (sliced)
- 1 red onion (diced)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 3 stalks celery (diced)
- 2 carrot (diced)
- 2.5 cups plain tomato sauce
- 1 red bell pepper (diced)
- 28 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 2 19 oz can red kidney beans (rinsed and drained)
- ⅓ tsp hot sauce
- 2 tbsp half and half
- 3 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chipotle powder
- In a large stockpot heat 1 tbsp olive oil over medium-high heat. Add in jackalope sausage and cook for about 3-5 minutes on both sides until browned. Remove to plates.
- Add in the rest of the olive oil, onion, bell pepper, carrots, celery, and garlic.. Cook until onions become fragrant and soft.
- Stir in sausage, tomato sauce, canned tomatoes, kidney beans, hot sauce, half and half, chili powder, cumin, and chipotle powder.
- Cook on a low simmer for at least an hour and up to 3 hours.
- Serve hot, garnished with sour cream, cheddar cheese, and fresh scallions!